The Berkeley Group build homes and neighbourhoods. We build homes for everyone: from families to first time buyers, students to older people, and luxury living to affordable housing.
We focus on creating beautiful, successful places in London and the South of England. We work together with people to tackle the shortage of good quality homes, and make a lasting contribution to the landscape and to the communities we help create.
We set out below some key facts about us:
- The Berkeley Group has built a total of 17,750 homes over the last five years.
- Berkeley supported 26,000 jobs across the UK in 2015, sustaining more than five jobs for every home that we built.
- The Berkeley Group received the Queens Award for Sustainable Development in 2008 and 2014: no other UK housebuilder has won this twice.
- Over the last five years, Berkeley has contributed £1.5bn to pay for affordable housing; as well as £396m to help pay for schools, parks, shops and other public amenities.
- Berkeley has 700 young people in structured training across the company and approximately 8% of staff on-site are apprentices or are in informal training.
- Over £7 million has been committed by the Berkeley Foundation to over 70 charities since 2011. Berkeley's staff have raised nearly £3 million.
- Berkeley Group is responsible for 10% of the new homes delivered in London, including 10% of the affordable homes.